Tuesday 10 June 2008

Strawberries and Cream at Wimbledon. With a side of feet please!

Hmmm, what can I say? What can I say? I like shoes. I like strawberries. I like cream (actually I don't like cream but you get where I am going with this). And yet, I find that I do NOT like these:

Shoes inspired by Wimbledon. They are designed by Shandals, are made from Vinyl and lined with Cream Connolly leather (the very same leather that Rolls Royce and Bentley use to make their cars seats from. Oh er missus).

Now, correct me if I am wrong. But the first thing you think of when you look at these shoes is not a tennis tournament is it? Admit it, you thought of a tablecloth as well, didn't you? The kind you find in a well dodge greasy spoon cafe. Yessum?

And so, while I appreciate the sentiment (very entrepreneurial, capitalising on opportunities blah blah BLAH) made by the clearly very amusing Mr Alan James Raddon I feel I must say nnnNNNnnoooOOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooooooooOOOOO to it.

Edith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are very cute, I doubt you'd ever see anyone show up somewhere wearing the same shoes. :)

Anonymous said...

I think in all honesty I really like those!

www.choubelle.wordpress.com

By the way...

We only own the copyright to some of the pictures on this blog. The pictures on this blog are not used for commercial purposes. If you own the copyright of any of the pictures we use and want them removed, drop us a line. Also, please ask before using any pictures we do own as we'll almost certainly let you take them, but we'd like to know where they go...